There are few ways to filter social.chapman so that only your desired posts appear in feeds. The filtered url can then be used by widgets in cascade (to come), digital signage, and blogs.
We use query strings in the url to filter the social.chapman feed of posts. A query string is everything following the question mark in a url. The bold text in this url is the query string: https://website.com?name=value. The format of a query string parameter is name=value with no spaces.
Filtering by Group
We use a parameter with the name group_id to filter by groups. The value then is the id(s) of the desired groups.
- https://social.chapman.edu?group_id=12 will show all the posts from the Chapman Athletics accounts.
- https://social.chapman.edu?group_id=12,17 will show all posts from Chapman Athletics and Chapman 5K accounts.
Contact Michelle Leslie to obtain your unique group id.
Filtering by Service
We use a parameter with the name service to filter by service. The accepted values are facebook, twitter, wordpress, and instagram.
- https://social.chapman.edu?service=instagram shows all posts from instagram.
- https://social.chapman.edu?service=twitter,wordpress shows all posts from twitter and wordpress (blogs).
Filtering By Keyword
We use a parameter with the name keyword to filter posts that have your desired keyword in them. Only keywords from Twitter and Instagram are collected. The value can be any word with no spaces.
- https://social.chapman.edu?keyword=disneyland will show all posts with the keyword disneyland.
- https://social.chapman.edu?keyword=chapmanfamily,chapmanu will show all the posts with the keywords chapmanfamily or chapmanu.
Filtering by Search Term
We use a parameter with the name search to filter posts that contain a certain search phrase. This searches the entire post for the phrase, not just hashtags.
- https://social.chapman.edu?search=james will show all the posts that have the word james in them.
Filters can be combined to more refine your search. Add an ampersand between the query parameters to combine them. You can add as many parameters as you want in this way.
- https://social.chapman.edu?service=instagram&keyword=chapmanu will only show instagram posts with the hashtag chapmanu.
- https://social.chapman.edu?service=twitter&group_id=12&search=win will only show twitter posts from the Athletics account with the word win in the tweet.