Social advertising is a cost effective method of reaching a targeted audience with information about a program, event or story. Account Executives have the option to work with a third party advertising agency or the Chapman University Interactive Marketing Specialist (IMS) to create social media advertising campaigns. If you are working to generate awareness for your program with general ads, please contact the current advertising agency for assistance. If you are working with your client to generate attendance for an upcoming event or to increase the views of a story on Chapman Blogs, please work with the Interactive Marketing Specialist.
Once you have the below information ready, please fill out Online Advertising Request form.
Before contacting the Interactive Marketing Specialist to run your Facebook advertising campaign, please gather the following:
- Facebook page represented in ad campaign
- Destination URL
- Campaign start date and end date
- Budget number
- Total budget $
- The suggested amount is $200 for two weeks
- Target audience:
- Location: living and or visiting (check-in) these locations. Can choose a city like Orange and people within 25 miles.
- Age: Does your event have an age limit? Would this ad be more relevant to a certain age group?
- Interests: Send your suggestions and the IMS can search for additional. Interests are based on what people share on their Timelines, apps they use, ads they click, Pages they Like and other activities on and off of Facebook that could inform their device usage, purchase behaviors or intents, travel preferences and more. View a framework of Facebook interest targeting options.
- Connections – target people who like our pages or their friends?
- Single image: 1200 x 628 pixels (with less than 20% text)
- Carousel: 2-10 scrollable images
- Video (mov/mp4) 60 minutes max (2.3 GB)
- Resolution: at least 720p
- Recommended aspect ratio: widescreen (16:9)
- Headline (25 characters)
- Text (90 characters)
- Link description (200 characters)
If you have any questions about social media advertising campaigns, contact the Interactive Marketing Specialist.