events.chapman.edu is the University’s public calendar that pulls campus events for all audiences in one central location. Viewing all campus events or specific events for your target audiences will help your team plan content for your blog and social media accounts. If you organize events for your school/college/department, learn more about using events.chapman.edu.
Even though you are able to pull all the content from events.chapman, this is bound to include events that are not relevant to your audience or goals. Instead, we suggest using one or more filtered views of events.chapman and adding those views to your calendar.
Filtered View of events.chapman.edu
You can sort events.chapman by selecting one or more of the following filters so only those selections appear in your calendar:
- Date (Please leave these boxes unchecked)
- Audience (i.e. Alumni or General Public)
- Organizations (i.e. College of Performing Arts)
- Categories (unless you want to filter by a specific event type, leave these boxes unchecked)
Once you have your filtered view, select “Generate iCal URL” under the filters > Copy the generated URL > Follow the steps below to add the content from the events.chapman.edu calendar to your calendars:
- Google Calendar
- On the left menu, click the drop-down menu to the right of “Other calendars” > Add by URL > Paste the iCal URL generated on events.chapman > Add Calendar
- To rename the calendar, click the drop-down arrow to the right of the new calendar > Calendar settings > edit Calendar Name > Save
- If you plan on pulling multiple filtered views, try to use a similar naming convention such as “Alumni events” or “COPA events” to help you distinguish the views.
- Microsoft Outlook (PC only)
- File > Account Settings > On the Internet Calendars tab > New
- Paste the iCal URL generated on events.chapman in the Outlook box > Add
- Folder Name > type the name of the calendar as you want it to appear in Outlook > OK
- If you plan on pulling multiple filtered views, try to use a similar naming convention such as “Alumni events” or “COPA events” to help you distinguish the views
- Restart Outlook on your computer
- Under Calendars, you should now see this calendar as an option to toggle on and off
Please contact the Interactive Marketing Specialist with any questions.