The iteration of Cascade you’ve come to know and love is getting a new and fresh set of paint. After operating on Cascade Version 7.12.5 for almost two years (it was released in March of 2015), IS&T and SMC’s Web Team are moving forward with updating to Cascade 8.
While updates to Cascade in the past have seen new features and general improvements, Cascade 8 is a complete rehaul to the look and style of the Cascade CMS.
Here is a list of some of the really exciting features that separate Cascade 8 from the user experience you’ve currently been accustomed to.
- Redesigned look
- Runs much faster
- Mobile and tablet friendly
- An improved Advanced Search
- Updated workflow process
- Type-ahead functionality; keyword shortcuts
- Can schedule a review of pages
To get started with Cascade 8, we’ve created a few materials for you that should answer any big questions you have.
- A video teaser of the product
- A step-by-step guide for logging in, your new dashboard, and getting to the site tree
- An overview of editing a page
- A step-by-step guide for the new workflow process
- An explanation of the new site tree
Any questions you have regarding the update, feel free to reach out to your respective Web Coordinator.